“People spot a big black lens, and they worry about what they're doing, or how their hair looks. Nobody see the person holding the camera.”― Erica O'Rourke
I'm Dan, an Enthusiastic Photographer from Romania.
My entry in the photography world was unintentional.
I have always been attracted to the images that speak without words and give rise to complex thoughts and feelings. I saw impressive and substantial results that some professional photographers can provide and I thought: with thousands and thousands of photographers around them, how can they manage to make their names known?
This thought made me curious. So, discovering the secret of success behind an image and behind a photographer have become a small personal project, without knowing that this will turn into a passion for photography.
The beginnings meant basic equipment (mirrorless entry level, kit lens, entry level flash) and a lot of study. My friends believed that is something fleeting, but after 3 years, I must say that I love photography more and more.
Yes, I am self-taught, but occasionally I go to various workshops.
I did upgrade my equipment, I read, I learn how to control the light and how to use it in my advantage. I focus more and more on portrait photography, product photography, and recently, on wildlife photography.
When it comes to photography, what I like most is that, no matter what I do, I never manage to recreate the same moment. There is always something different: mood, light, etc.
My desire is to produce images, in colours and black and white, in a personal and relaxed vision, without the pressure of framing them in some contractual limits. I want the viewers of my photos to recognize my style, as I can recognize images of photographers that I appreciate.
For me, photography is just a hobby with professional tools and this website represents my evolution in time.
No expectations & no stress lead to great results.
My gear consists of:
- Canon 6D
- Canon 70-200mm f4L IS USM
- Canon 35mm f2 IS USM
- 2 Godox AD180 flashes (with standard reflectors, grids and color filters)
- 1 Godox AD360 flash (with standard reflector, grid and color filters)
- 1 Godox TT685 speedlight
- 1 Godox X1T-C transmitter, another Godox XT-32 transmitter and 4 XTR-16 receivers
- 1 large Photoflex umbrella (2-in-1, 152cm), 2 portable softboxes (60x60cm), 1 collapsible reflector disc (2-in-1, 90x120cm), 1 beauty dish with honeycomb grid and diffuser (30cm, silver interior), 1 Dynaphos Deep Octa (120cm), Rogue FlashBender (various sizes), Rogue Gels Universal Lighting Filter Kit (20 Color & Correction Filters)
- 3 Giottos LC325 stands
- 1 Slick Pro 340 DX tripod (lightweight, but sturdy)
- 4 SanDisk Extreme memory cards (I'm a big fan of this brand), 4 portable hard drives WD My Passport Ultra (1 & 2Tb)
- 3 sets of Panasonic Eneloop Pro Batteries
- 1 HP EliteBook 850 G3 laptop, 1 Asus ProArt 249Q monitor (24''), 1 Asus ZenPad 8.0 tablet
- 1 Lowepro Flipside Sport 10L AW backpack (even though it looks small, it actually fits a lot of stuff and I love it for that)
- 1 Lowepro Flipside Sport 20L AW backpack (my wildlife backpack; it fits easily my 6D with Sigma 150-600mm lens attached)
- 1 Pentax backpack (my big flashes can fit easily in this backpack along with my laptop, batteries and some other stuff)